TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've done the mod for mine.. gives you extra 2 inches
People Seeking Info

Subject I've done the mod for mine.. gives you extra 2 inches

Posted by Medallion Man on December 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 1212 times.

In Reply To Turn signal modification for Massive intercoolers install posted by SammybTT(TN) on December 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Message for best results, remove the lens (4 min an oven at 100C, maybe a bit longer) release the clips, pull the screw end out first, then once at about 45 degree angle pull the lens away.reheat to smooth out the sealant.
(if you external lens is amber ignore this bit)remove the internal amber lens (if there is one), you can relocate it later (mind you I haven't done that so don't know if it will fit OK) or just use amber bulbs... now the mod...

I cut the bulb holder off..

photo IMAG0491_zps81b23c3e.jpg

and them cut a hole (I used a small cutting wheel on a Dremel) and pasti-welded the holder in place (soldering iron will do the job)

photo IMAG0493_zps5fe23ce6.jpg

I then used the the bit from the hole to patch the old location.. I cut off the bit that holds the harness for extra plastic to melt into the gaps.

spray the inside sliver (if it needs it). Put the outer lens back on (again in the oven)

hope that helps...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.